Thursday, October 26, 2006

Aidil Fitri 1427h



Salam Aidil Fitri 1427h. Bagi umat islam di Sydney, hari ni adalah hari raya keempat, manakala di Malaysia hari raya ketiga.

This is the second hari raya elyn and I celebrated in Australia. Last year we celebrated hari raya in Wollongong and this year we are in Sydney. We went to Malaysia Hall for Aidilftri prayer at 7am on Monday. After that, there was a small jamuan under a big tent. Actually the tent was prepared for the following night when a minister from JPM came for an open house. After the jamuan, we went to a friend's house in Eastlakes. Then we went home to have a rest while reheating the dishes. After Asar prayer, we went out again straight to En Naza's house for Laksa, then Ridwan's for Nasik Minyak and the last one En Zainal's for nasi ayam. All the food were very nice!! I kept telling myself once I've finished my plate, I musn't eat at the next house, but I failed... It seems like I can eat and eat and eat more and more on that day... We were back home at around 11 pm.

The second hari raya, we cooked Soto Ayam together with whatever food available at home, such as rendang, kuah kacang and nasik impit. Friends came to our house. K.Sam and the gang from Wollongong also stopped by and enjoyed the food.

Then we went to K.Khaz place in Bankstown before we headed to the Malaysia Hall for the open house. There were toooo many people that elyn and I just lined up for the satay, as other dishes were not in the list of our targeted food. Anyway the Raya environment was there with people wearing national costumes, thank god it is no longer winter.


Above all, I really missed my hometown. It will never be the same celebrating Hari Raya without family members no matter how big and meriah the celebration here in Sydney. I wish I can go home next year. Furthermore, we can go back next year since they've made us promise not to come back untill there are three of us. So insyaAllah if possible we will go back for Raya next year, tapi tak janji tau...

~AzD~

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails