Thursday, January 17, 2013

Reading

When was the last time u read a book?
I mean really really read A book?
I think mine was some time mid last year, a novel by Siti Rosmizah.
It was a thick novel, but unfortunately I didn't enjoy it as much as the rest of her collections.
I dont read the papers that much either.
I occasionally read it when I go back to my parents house
Mainly just flipping through the pages without having the urge to actually read it because most of the time they print out crappy stuffs!
I only reduced my speed of flipping the pages to see certain ads on Giants, Carrefour, Tesco, Guardian etc ;p
Nowadays I usually get my daily dose of updates of wht's happening around the globe from the Facebook
Keh keh keh....

When Aiman was little, I think we used to sit down together and read a book to him a lot.
Showed him pictures and what not.
Books were quite cheap back in Sydney and were of good quality too.
So we would always buy books for him.
But with Adik, aiseh
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Reading time
Not so much ey!!
Guilty as charged! @#$@!$^%BGFDT#$^^%*##@@!!!
Of course we tried spending time with the kids, reading together with them, playing with them.
But the luxury was not the same as before.
**cehhh...excuses excuses excuses**

Since the other half's resolution this year is to BE POSITIVE
Let us put aside all the negative vibes
and say this out loud:
I will love my kids unconditionally
I will spend time with them
Care for them, pray for them, be there for them
and of course I shall not spoil them too much ;p
(ala bucuk bucuk mama ni, meh sini mama gentel pipi...nak apa? nak toy mahal? amik la...nak apa? nak ceklat ferrero? amik la...nak apa? nak eskrem magnum? amik la.....amik laaa....amik laaaaaa)
@_@'

Anyhow it's exciting when your child is able to read!
Alhamdulillah Aiman can read and spell simple words.
However I noticed that sometimes he's confused when spelling certain words in English/Malay, especially if they have the same sound.
For example, he was searching the Youtube for 'aku anak kampung' song the other day.
But instead of typing 'Aku anak kampung', he typed it "Akoo anak kampong'
Same goes with 'jambu', he went and typed the word 'jamboo'
Huurmmm.....must help him polish up his spelling skills!

Now my next question is.....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
When was the last time you read the Quran????!!
okthanksbai!!
;D






2 comments:

Dr K said...

hahaha..killer question indeed yg last tu..

exactly, books are relatively cheap in australia...mmg mesti beli buku each time ke sana..

Elyn said...

a reminder to myself yg selalu lagha...huhuhu
ye betul... boleh juling tgk buku utk kanak2 kat situ!
lepak area buku kat kmart/big W pun dah heaven..

Related Posts with Thumbnails